Cyril Madiba is a chartered accountant (CA(SA)) with financial services experience that cuts across auditing, investment banking, finance, change, and sales environments. Cyril is currently the co-founder and Managing Director of The Native Family Group, a diversified group with operations in farming, book publishing, fast food, advisory, coaching and youth development.
Cyril is an aspiring philanthropist with a passion for the personal development and empowerment of South Africa’s youth as well as inspiring the next generation of leaders. To this end, he is:
- the Managing Director of the Growth Switch, a platform he founded to coach the youth on their development journey.
- a published author of 5 books that outline the learnings he has had thus far based on his own personal and leadership journey.
- a board member at NSFAS (National Student Financial Aid Scheme) as appointed by the Minister of Higher Education.
- a board member at SAICA (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants) as appointed by the SAICA members.
- a member of the Adopt-A-School Foundation‘s Finance, Audit and Risk subcommittee.
- a former chairperson of the Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust Advisory Board.
- a former board member at the Youth Managers Foundation (YMF).
- an avid motivational speaker on matters relating to youth development as well as leadership.
- the founder and Managing Director of CMEF, the Cyril Madiba Empowerment Foundation, which to date has positively impacted the lives of over 70 young South Africans.
Cyril’s work and dedication to the youth has not gone unrecognized. In 2020, Cyril was recognized as one of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants’ Top 35 under 35 finalists. In 2021, he was recognized by the Hope Givers Foundation as a Community Builder Nominee which was followed in the same year by the Mail & Guardian’s recognition as one of the Top 200 Young South Africans.
Through his foundation and his involvement in all youth empowerment related initiatives, he believes there is still much more to be done to improve the lives of the South African child – and that is his mission.
Analytics Writing Problem Solving Coaching Board Director
Mentoring Stakeholder Management Leadership Advisory